The Bye Week was nice for probably most of Panther Nation. I enjoyed it. I didn’t have to sit through another agonizingly frustrating loss on Sunday. I was able to relax and accomplish some things I had set out to accomplish over the weekend.
This is a new week for the Carolina Panthers. It’s the start of the team’s post-bye week season. From here on out, we’ll see if this team will sink or if it can at least keep its head above water. How many wins will occur between Weeks Seven and Seventeen? How many losses? Carolina is only one-of-two teams to remain without a win to this point.
The San Francisco 49ers were touted as the best team with a winless record…meaning of the three teams without a win, the 49ers were the best. Now San Fran is the second-worst of the teams with a single win — Carolina the worst in every offensive category.
Every week I’ve sat here and said, “this is my team, but this is so uncharacteristic of my team.” Am I the only one who is perhaps envious of Detroit’s one-win record or Oakland’s two wins? Heck, even the Browns have a win to their credit.
These are the things I pondered, even though the Panthers were off on Sunday, and probably the farthest thing from just about anyone’s mind.
It’s been a long season so far, and for Carolina it’s only been five weeks of action.
So here are a few questions I leave us to wonder:
- Will Carolina win its first game at home or on the road? Which team/s will the win occur against?
- Will Carolina show any signs of life on offense in its first week after the Bye?
- Will John Fox lose his team’s confidence in his ability to coach?
- Will the offensive coaching staff in Carolina ever look competent this season?
- Which team remains without a win the longest: Buffalo or Carolina?
Follow Cat Crave on Twitter @THECatCrave.