This the first of 2 lists concerning the draft, with the 101 thru 253 picks to follow next week. Where players are slotted is based on Combine performances, Pro Days & projected teams needs. Some players may be higher than you would project them; however, based on the needs of the team drafting at that time, a player may move up to fill that need.
I see the Panthers going either of 2 ways. Defense, Fletcher Cox DT at 9 and Offense, Kevin Zeitler OG at 40. Or Offense, Michael Floyd WR at 9 and Defense, Janoris Jenkins CB at 40. This could change with the Jets trading up to 9 to get Ingram and the Panthers moving down to 16.
Floyd would then change to Kendall Wright WR along with Jenkins. Additional later round picks would be added (New York has 3 in both the 6th and 7th rounds.
1. Andrew Luck – QB Stanford (Indianapolis)! This is a lock!
2. Robert Griffin III – Baylor (Washington via trade with St. Louis) Washington gave up a lot for this shot.
3. Matt Kalil – OT USC (Minnesota) Even though still entertaining offers, Kalil’s to good to pass on.
4. Trent Richardson – RB Alabama (Cleveland) Being touted the best back available in years.
5. Morris Clairborne – CB LSU (Tampa) The corner everyone wants.
6. Justin Blackmon – WR Oklahoma State (St. Louis via trade with Washington) St. Louis will listen to offers here.
7. Quinton Copley – DE UNC (Jacksonville) Even with desire questions he’s the best available.
8. Ryan Tannehill – QB Texas A & M (Miami) Miami will move up if they have to do so to acquire him.
9. Michael Floyd – WR Notre Dame (Carolina) Carolina needs a dominant receiver for the future.
10. Reilly Reiff – OT Iowa (Buffalo) Best offensive tackle on the board.
11. David DeCastro – OG Stanford (Kansas City) Like Kalil the best at his position.
12. Melvin Ingram – DE/LB South Carolina (Seattle) Philadelphia and others looking to move up to get him.
13. Luke Kuechly – LB Boston College (Arizona) Will one day be an All Pro.
14. Dontari Poe – NT Memphis (Dallas) Workout demon, but didn’t dominate at his level.
15. Mark Barron – S Alabama (Philadelphia) Big drop-off to the next true safety.
16. Jonathan Martin – OT Stanford (New York Jets) Was Luck’s protector.
17. Fletcher Cox – DE/DT Mississippi State (Cincinnati) Cox has flown up most draft boards.
18. Courtney Upshaw – DE/LB Alabama (San Diego) Will be great in both the 3-4 and 4-3.
19. Nick Perry – DE/LB USC (Chicago) Speed may cause him to go to a 3-4 team.
20. Stephon Gilmore – CB South Carolina (Tennessee) Now considered the second best CB in the draft.
21. Dre Kirkpatrick – CB Alabama (Cincinnati) Most likely will be switched to safety.
22. Michael Brockers – DT LSU (Cleveland) Mediocre Pro Day has caused him to drop.
23. Chandler Jones –DE Syracuse (Detroit) Being compared to Pierre of the Giants.
24. Zach Brown – LB UNC (Pittsburgh) Speed has caused him to move up the board.
25. Kendall Wright – WR Baylor (Denver) May someday be Manning’s main man.
26. Bobbie Massie – OT Mississippi (San Francisco) Combine and Pro Day caused him to leap others.
27. Stephen Hill – WR Georgia Tech (Houston) This could be scary opposite Andre Johnson.
28. Whitney Mercilus – DE Illinois (New England) Patriots get the man they want.
29. Devon Still – DT Penn State (Green Bay) Would have gone higher if not for his school’s problems.
30. Kendall Reyes – DT Connecticut (Baltimore) Flying up most boards, was originally showing 3rd round.
31. Shea McClellin – DE Boise State (New England) Intensity combined with speed has moved him up.
32. Dont’a Hightower –ILB Alabama (New Your Giants) The perfect pick for the Champs.
33. Jerel Worthy – DT Michigan State (ST. Louis)
34. Coby Fleener – TE Stanford (Indianapolis)
35. Ruben Randle – WR LSU (Minnesota)
36. Cordy Glenn – OG/OT Georgia (Tampa)
37. Mike Adams – OT Ohio State (Cleveland)
38. Alshon Jeffrey – South Carolina (Jacksonville)
39. Lavonte David – ILB Nebraska (St. Louis via trade with Washington)
40. Janoris Jenkins – CB North Alabama (Carolina)
41. Kevin Zeitler – OG Wisconsin (Buffalo)
42. Andre Branch – DE Clemson (Miami)
43. Bobby Massie – OT Mississippi (Seattle)
44. Kirk Cousins – QB Michigan State (Kansas City)
45. Kelechi Osemele – OG Iowa State (Dallas)
46. Vinny Curry – DE Marshall (Philadelphia)
47. Ronnell Lewis – OLB Oklahoma (New York jets)
48. Bruce Irvin – DE West Virginia (New England)
49. Brandon Boykin –Georgia (San Diego)
50. Zebrie Sanders – OT Florida State (Chicago)
51. Harrison Smith – S Notre Dame (Philadelphia)
52. Mohammad Sanu- WR Rutgers (Tennessee)
53. Josh Robinson – CB Central Florida (Cinncinatti)
54. Trumaine Johnson – CB Montana (Detroit)
55. Alameda TA’amu DT Washington (Atlanta)
56. Brandon Thompson – DT Clemson (Pittsburgh)
57. Lamar Miller – RB Miami (Denver)
58. Brandon Washington – OG Miami (Houston)
59. New Orleans – forfeited pick
60. LaMichael James – RB Oregon (Green Bay)
61. Peter Konz – C Wisconsin (Baltimore)
62. Dwayne Allen – TE Clemson (San Francisco)
63. Alphonso Denard – CB Nebraska (New England)
64. Amini Silatolu – OG Midwestern State (New York Giants)
65. Chad Givens – WR Wake Forest (Indianapolis)
66. Jamell Fleming –CB Oklahoma (St. Louis)
67. Keith Tandy – CB West Virginia (Minnesota)
68. Brandon Weeden – QB Oklahoma State (Cleveland)
69. Doug Martin – RB Boise State (Tampa)
70. Mitchell Scwartz – OT California (Washington)
71. Brian Quick – WR Apalachian State (Jacksonville)
72. Nick Toon – WR Wisconsin (Buffalo)
73. Juror Criner – WR Arizona (Miami)
74. Senio Kelemete – OG Washington (Miami)
75. Jared Crick – DT Nebraska (Kansas City)
76. Mychal Kendricks – LB California (Seattle)
77. Sean Spence – LB Miami (Houston)
78. George Iloka – S Boise State (New York Jets)
79. Markette Martin – S Oklahoma State (San Diego)
80. Dwight Jones – WR UNC (Chicago)
81. Ben Jones – C Georgia (Arizona)
82. Bobby Wagner – ILB Utah State (Dallas)
83. Billy Winn – DT Boise State (Tennessee)
84. Josh Norman – CB Coastal Carolina (Cincinnati)
85. Ladarius Green – TE Louisiana Lafayette ( Atlanta)
86. Nate Potter – OT Boise State (Detroit)
87. Chris Polk – RB Washington (Pittsburgh)
88. Orson Charles – TE Georgia (Denver)
89. Brock Osweiler – Arizona State (Philadelphia)
90. Josh Chapman – DT Alabama (New Orleans)
91. Antonio Allen – S South Carolina (Green Bay)
92. Nigel Bradham – ILB Florida State (Baltimore)
93. A.J. Jenkins – WR Illinois (San Francisco)
94. Isaiah Pead – RB Cincinatti (New England)
95. Benard Pierce – RB Temple (New York Giants)
96. Coryell Judie – CB Texas A & M (Oakland)
97. Derek Wolfe – DT Cincinnati (St. Louis)
98. Eric Page – WR Toledo ( Indianapolis)
99. Emanuel Acho – OLB Texas (Minnesota)
100. Cam Johnson – DT Virginia (Houston)