A football fan can only take so much. We are now fouteen days into the offseason. The Super Bowl signaled the end of the season and the beginning of our withdrawal symptoms.
So, how are you going to cope with it? Here are seven ideas:
- The Scouting Combine begins this week. If you are one of the fortunate ones to have the NFL Network you can watch pretty much everything – the 40-yard dash, the passing drills. It’s Rich Eisen and company dissecting every player in Indy like they’re buying horses. Don’t be surprised if they check teeth and feet.
- Free agency officially kicks off February 27. There is nothing like it – fans on every forum and message board around the web all want their team to sign every single player available.
- Mel Kiper, Jr. promises to be on the airwaves more than the president over the next few weeks as the draft approaches. If you can stand to look at the hair, it’s at least some football talk.
- NASCAR is starting for real today. Don’t laugh. There are always some good arguments and fights and who doesn’t like to see some sheet metal dented?
- College basketball is about to kick off March Madness. The rivalry games are getting underway so it’s something to do to kill some time until July.
- Baseball is about to get started again but if constant talk of A-Rod and the Yankees makes you want to kill the TV you might want to stay away.
- Listen to our podcast each week. Cat Crave Radio will be with you all the way through the offseason to keep you informed and to make sure you get a Carolina Panthers fix each week.