Here is a training camp update from John White of CatCraveRadio.com for Wednesday, August 19th!
- Mike Goodson was carted off the field but, according to coach Fox, he has only a leg bruise and should be okay.
- Steve Smith was back on the practice field catching a few passes from Jake Delhomme. He also participated in some light work versus the defense.
- Jonathan Stewart was again not practicing. He was not in pads.
- Jeff King looked really sharp making a couple of very nice catches.
- In a 7 on 7 drill Everette Brown put one heck of a move on Jeff King but seemed to continue his struggles against the bigger tackles.
- DL Coach Brian Baker, who has been very vocal and loud in past practices, was rather quiet early on but picked up where he left off when the defensive linemen returned to drills versus offensive linemen.
- Brad Hoover walked through the media area this afternoon with his right elbow iced. I asked him if he was okay. His response was, “I tweaked it.”
- Later, Jeff Otah and Jordan Gross were both seen with ice on their elbows but it was likely just a normal therapy.
The team returns to the practice field this evening at 6:40pm for their second practice of the day. This session was originally scheduled for 3:10pm today but was moved back three hours.
We will be posting the new episode of Cat Crave Radio tomorrow night. Included will be conversations with Charles Godfrey, Keydrick Vincent (very funny guy!), Kenny Moore, Jeremy Leman and our interview with Jason Cole. (http://catcraveradio.com)