Today’s cravings come from Charlotte.com, ESPN, Yahoo Sports, NFL.Com, and WFNZ.
- Starting out at Charlotte.com, There are some things we won’t know until Carolina Panthers kickoff. Judging by the photo used in the post, there is one thing which we do know, well before training camp begins, even: DeAngelo Williams is still wearing a Panthers uniform. And he’s also got one of those really cool looking visors on his facemask. Where do I get one of those?
- Yahoo! Sports’ Jason Cole strikes again, with more of his outrageous rankings. His latest Panthers’ casualty? The offensive line: a truly offensive piece. Which offensive lines are ranked higher than Carolina? How about the 1,000-year old New York Giants o-line, for one? It gets better, though. See for yourself!
- There was a rare sighting in Charlotte last week, as well. Jonathan Stewart. Running conditioning sprints after practice. The guy has never been a very active participant in practices, mainly due to the whole Achilles’ thing going on in his foot. He had the surgery to remove what was actually bone spurs, and seems to be coming along nicely. His production on game days hasn’t suffered, so why ruin a good thing?
- To NFL.com we go now, where the Panthers became a part of the site’s “32 Teams in 32 Days” segment. At No. 23, your Carolina Panthers. What state is this team in after losing veteran leaders Jake Delhomme, Muhsin Muhammad; role players Na’Il Diggs and Damione Lewis; veteran depth at QB in A.J. Feeley, and stat-padding from Julius Peppers?
- From ESPN.com blogger, Pat Yasinskas, the question has been asked: “Is Carolina’s Matt Moore Really a Starting Quarterback?” I don’t know, Pat. Please share your thoughts! It would seem to me, that Moore is, in fact, a starting quarterback. He played very well and commanded the offense in 2009. In the literal sense, yes, Moore is a starting QB. In the figurative sense in which Yasinskas is referring, I would venture to say Moore has done all the right things thusfar to lead us to believe he is the real deal.
- Last but not least, there is an interview on WFNZ, with wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett. I know most of us are quite interested in hearing what he has to say — even more interested in seeing whether or not this will be the year Jarrett busts out or simply busts. I’m rooting for the former rather than the latter.
This posting is property of CatCrave.com and Fansided.com
Topics: 32 Teams In 32 Days, @THECatCrave, A J Feeley, Carolina Panthers, Charlotte.com, Damione Lewis, DeAngelo Williams, Dwayne Jarrett, ESPN, Facebook, FanSided, Jake Delhomme, Jason Cole, Jonathan Stewart, Julius Peppers, Matt Moore, Muhsin Muhammad, Na'il Diggs, NFL, NFL.com, Pat Yasinskas, Twitter, WFNZ, Yahoo Sports