The Panthers must be the only team that can lose two straight games and have everyone still be bullish about them.
After Week 1′s offensive explosion critics were quick to point out it was against the Arizona Cardinals. Week 2 however was against the defending champion Green Bay Packers.
So how did the offense fair? They gained 7 more yards then they did in Week 1′s offensive explosion.
The only thing bearish about these Panthers are injuries on defense and putting more points on the board so we can start to generate W’s.
If we don’t get a win against the Jags in Week 3 you can expect next weeks post to be a bearish one.
That being said here are some Panther stocks to watch.
- Cam Newton: How does Cam follow up this 422 passing yard performance? With 432 yards against the defending champs that’s how!
- Brandon LaFell: 4 more catches for LaFell this week. Not to mention one was for a TD.
- Charles Johnson: Another week another sack. Johnson now has a sack in his last nine regular season games dating back to last season.
- Johnathan Stewart: Who knew Stewart was such a great pass catcher? If you can’t run you might as well make 8 catches for a 100 yards.
- Thomas Davis: Another LB goes down. This time it is Davis and unfortunately it is the same ACL that he tore twice before.
- Legedu Naanee: Still missing on game day.
- Offensive Line: Still not making any holes for…
- DeAngelo Williams: This is not the DeAngelo we are use to.
- Offense as a whole: We have the passing yardage, now we need the points to go with it. A running game wouldn’t hurt either.