More from Cat Crave
- Ranking the top-five QB prospects the Panthers could draft in 2023
- 4 remaining Carolina Panthers cap crunches after Damien Wilson release
- Could Duce Staley help Carolina Panthers land Jamaal Williams in 2023?
- How much could the Carolina Panthers afford to offer Lamar Jackson?
- 4 Panthers rumors to emerge from 2023 NFL Scouting Combine
While some will argue that too much draft stock is going into the offense, it is important to recognize that the Panthers are attempting to surround Newton with deadly weapons in his prime.
By adding Kirk, another mismatch tight end, Chubb and Smith to an offense that already features McCaffrey, Funchess, Olsen and the superhuman Newton, Carolina can have the firepower to legitimately go punch for punch with any offense in the NFL.
The defense didn’t get much love during this draft. However, any linebacker core is elite with Kuechly. Also, the Panthers defense features the solid rotating defensive line and rising corners that are getting better with each year.
The 2018 NFL Draft will complete the goal of creating an offensive juggernaut around Newton and his arm as opposed to his legs.