Carolina Panthers: Day 2 prospects to watch at the NFL Combine
Kaden Smith, TE
More from Cat Crave
- Ranking the top-five QB prospects the Panthers could draft in 2023
- 4 remaining Carolina Panthers cap crunches after Damien Wilson release
- Could Duce Staley help Carolina Panthers land Jamaal Williams in 2023?
- How much could the Carolina Panthers afford to offer Lamar Jackson?
- 4 Panthers rumors to emerge from 2023 NFL Scouting Combine
6-foot-5, 253 pounds
Depending on how important Hurney deems the addition of another tight end, there is another intriguing candidate out there. While his performance during this week’s NFL Combine could push Stanford tight end Kaden Smith into top tier categories, if he’s available after the first round then Carolina could take a chance.
Thomas proved capable of filling in for Olsen and while no prospect is going to immediately replace the veteran captain’s production, finding two dynamic run blockers, who can also assist in the passing game would open up the playbook even more for offensive coordinator Norv Turner.
For years Rivera has talked about incorporating two tight end sets into the offense but injuries to Olsen have forced the Panthers to develop a new plan in each of the past two seasons. Adding another serviceable option would at least warrant consideration and provide some depth should another injury occur.
Watch as this group of players participates in their on-field workouts this Saturday, March 2 on NFL Network.