Carolina Panthers cornerback depth to be determined this week
Kevon Seymour, CB
More from Cat Crave
- 3 trade offers for the Carolina Panthers to land Jalen Ramsey
- 4 easy decisions the Carolina Panthers can make in 2023 free agency
- What would it cost the Carolina Panthers to land Jalen Ramsey?
- Panthers 7-round 2023 NFL mock draft: Worst-case scenario edition
- 3 Panthers players that can thrive under new coaching staff in 2023
Among the remaining cornerbacks vying for the two (possibly three) remaining positions is a veteran who is also expected to make these decisions even more difficult. Kevon Seymour missed last year with a shoulder injury and was attempting to prove himself before a hamstring issue caused him to miss time early this year.
Hoping to return in time and be cleared for the final preseason game, Seymour could easily push one of these other candidates out of contention with a solid performance. Originally drafted by the Buffalo Bills, Seymour found his way to Carolina via trade in 2017 for wide receiver Kaelin Clay.
After earning two starts and appearing in every game for the Panthers during his first season in Charlotte, Seymour brings experience despite being a health risk. Depending on how the team’s training staff feels about his future and how well he plays in the preseason finale could ultimately determine his fate.
At any rate, the race behind Bradbery and Jackson is now filled with some quality potential for Rivera and the Panthers.