Key No. 3 – Panthers Need An Early Lead
More from Cat Crave
- Ranking the top-five QB prospects the Panthers could draft in 2023
- 4 remaining Carolina Panthers cap crunches after Damien Wilson release
- Could Duce Staley help Carolina Panthers land Jamaal Williams in 2023?
- How much could the Carolina Panthers afford to offer Lamar Jackson?
- 4 Panthers rumors to emerge from 2023 NFL Scouting Combine
Carolina is not built to come from behind. During their current six-game losing streak, they have fallen behind early multiple times and lacked the offensive firepower to catch up and win any of those games.
They are at their best when they can take an early first-half lead and let the running game and defense hold on for victory. If all goes well, Carolina should be able to get out in front against an Indianapolis team that has been dealing with their own struggles.
If the Panthers can build a nice lead in the first half, then expect them to be able to pull off the road victory in this matchup.
Given Carolina is much better built to play with a lead than from behind, the Panthers should be able to ice this game with McCaffrey on the ground in the second half.