1). Finally fixing their defensive line
More from Cat Crave
- Ranking the top-five QB prospects the Panthers could draft in 2023
- 4 remaining Carolina Panthers cap crunches after Damien Wilson release
- Could Duce Staley help Carolina Panthers land Jamaal Williams in 2023?
- How much could the Carolina Panthers afford to offer Lamar Jackson?
- 4 Panthers rumors to emerge from 2023 NFL Scouting Combine
Make no mistake about it, the Panthers must absolutely address their defensive line in this year’s draft. This is a golden opportunity to fix their problems with stopping the run, add a better pass rush, and upgrade their defensive line all in one swoop.
The Panthers should use their No. 7 overall pick on the best available defensive lineman that can step right in and take care of business. The kind of athlete that is ready to start and be an impact player the moment they step foot on the field this summer in training camp.
Luckily for the Panthers, this year’s draft has a plethora of very good players that can help add better talent to their defensive line. Just like at cornerback, it would be a great idea for the Panthers to draft at least two defensive linemen.
They can grab a solid starter in Round 1 and then grab another very good player in Rounds 2-3 to develop right behind him. This should be their top priority on the draft board and no exceptions should be made to this clearly obvious area of need for the Panthers.