Panthers 2017 NFL Draft: Rewind, Revisit, Redo
Original Pick: Harrison Butker, K – Georgia Tech
More from Cat Crave
- 4 Carolina Panthers entering make-or-break situations in 2023
- What David Tepper’s presence means for Panthers’ pursuit of Derek Carr
- 4 Carolina Panthers players who don’t deserve another season in 2023
- 6 free-agent quarterbacks the Carolina Panthers could sign in 2023
- 4 potential Panthers draft targets who’ll blow up the 2023 NFL Combine
Finally, the Panthers addressed their fullback vacancy with a sixth round pick of Alex Armah. The West Georgia utility player saw snaps with Carolina on special teams and in the backfield with various amounts of playing time.
A similar player emerged for the Baltimore Ravens as Patrick Ricard played both nose tackle and fullback during the season. He added two receiving touchdowns and would have been another weapon for Newton out of the backfield.
Arguably, the Panthers could have retained their final two picks as Armah may see more playing time in new offensive coordinator Norv Turner’s system. His utilization of a second tight end or quality fullback should make for an interesting positional battle throughout training camp next season.
Next: 2018 Preview - Away Games
As the 2018 NFL Draft approaches Carolina has a variety of positions to target and will need to do their homework in order to secure a more productive draft class this year.