Sam Mills, LB
More from Cat Crave
- Ranking the top-five QB prospects the Panthers could draft in 2023
- 4 remaining Carolina Panthers cap crunches after Damien Wilson release
- Could Duce Staley help Carolina Panthers land Jamaal Williams in 2023?
- How much could the Carolina Panthers afford to offer Lamar Jackson?
- 4 Panthers rumors to emerge from 2023 NFL Scouting Combine
Ever wondered where the Panthers’ motto of #KeepPounding comes from? Meet Sam Mills. A 5-foot-9 linebacker, many considered him to be too short to be productive in the NFL. He proved everyone wrong. Despite being unable to enter the league until the age of 27, Mills still had a strong 12-year career.
His numerous accomplishments with the Panthers cannot be understated. Below is a very, very condensed list of all of his impacts on the Carolina Panthers.
- Helped the seal the very first win of the Carolina Panthers
- Was a veteran leader on a team trying to establish an identity
- Created the motto of Keep Pounding for the Carolina Panthers during a speech that encouraged his former team to defeat the Dallas Cowboys
Mills’ profound impact on the Panthers has been impressively powerful. It is possible that no other players have had such influence on a franchise. For this reason, Mills is the G.O.A.T. of the Carolina Panthers.